Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January ODBD challenge for OWH

I am not complaining tonight - my DH had to work late and then go to the gun club for something, and the kids are in bed, so I get some peace and quiet and time uninterrupted to craft!

The challenge this month is to use 3 patterned papers on your card. Now, for every 25 link-ups ODBD will sponsor the postage costs for one large box to be shipped overseas each month (only link one per person), with a max of 2 boxes. Still, did you see that USPS rates are going up? (Shocking, I know!) So every little bit helps. All OWH guidelines apply (see here if you're not familiar with OWH).

3 patterned papers... hmmm, not a hard challenge when you have scraps upon scraps to use up! I CASE'd this card from someone on the Mini-hop at the end of the year. Sorry I don't remember who it was... if it was you, or you know, please tell me so I can give some credit, 'kay?















This card is an exercise in 'making do'. Those are all scraps ranging from .5" to 1.25". I adhered them to a scrap piece of cardstock (an awful, awful yellow-orange) and then CB'd it with my divine swirls embossing folder. I trimmed it and matted it in off white and then SU yellow something or other, but I had torn the striped piece near the bottom by accident, so I used this scrap piece of ribbon to cover it up, then I didn't have 2 of those cute button brads, only one - so I tied the remaining scrap of ribbon and adhered it over the other hole on the tag.

Done, done, and done... this brings my spending freeze challenge to 31 cards for January, and I had to make the rule that multiples don't count because I made LOTS of sesame street guys the other day. Woot! Kris, you will get another FULL box in a couple of weeks I think!

Now, go find some scraps and play along!

Jen

3 comments:

  1. This card is super cute! Love the warm colors. :) It would be a great submission for the machine embossing challenge happening over at my blog this week. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful array of patterned papers used. Nice dry embossing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! It's so bright and cheerful and makes me long for spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!