Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

OWH MWT - Layers Challenge

The mid-week throwdown challenge over at the Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps blog today is to use multiple layers on a card. Fun!!!

Yesterday was pretty exciting at my house. I recently got a Cuttlebug and it just dawned on me the other week that I could use Nestabilities. Overstock had some really good prices on the 4-pack bundles with free shipping, so I ordered the petite and scalloped circles set and then waited rather impatiently. I found a rubber gasket at my hardware store and picked up a C plate from my local stamping store, and yesterday the Nesties arrived! (Note: the gasket works REALLY well. $8 saved!)

I cut and embossed the circle before I found the DP I wanted to use, so I used chalks to make it look aged. I accidentally touched my marker to the side of the sentiment when I was coloring the flowers, so I decided a button would make a great, strategic addition. :p

I know you've seen me use this sentiment from Unity before - I just love it! It's from the Simple Life (past KOM) kit, and it is just SO versatile. And true! We should live each day to the fullest.

There's a great prize package from Stamp Fairy that will be awarded to those participating in the challenge this week. You should play, too! Thanks for looking!


Card recipe:
Sentiment: Unity Stamp Co
DP: Autumn Leaves adhesive fall mat pack
Ribbon: American Crafts
Momento Rich Cocoa Ink; Bic mark-its markers
EK Success border punch
Scrap cardstock and button









8 comments:

  1. I love this card. Everything goes together so well, ribbon, papers, card stock. I also love the sentiment. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my MOST favourite quotes/sentiments from Unity. It just speaks to me. Love the card you made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Jen! I love that paper and your button/ribbon treatment! Thanks for stopping by!
    Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! I like your 'strategic positioning' trick. I do that too! ♥ky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! I love it :) Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love it when those buttons or flowers come in handy to disguise those oopsies!? That was a perfect embellishment for this great card, and I agree - it's a fabulous sentiment! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sentiments that hold their own! This is really elegant, Jen. Don't you hate it when something is perfect and then there's that one little touch? I had that happen when I removed a mask and the image popped back on to the stamp. Argh! You hid this one perfectly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen,
    would you like to make a sample card for OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge sometime in the future? You can contact me at gonestampin(at)gmail(dot)com
    Thanks, Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!