Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Keep it Clean {CAS} OWH VCMP 9/11/11

Happy Sunday! It's the last day of the virtual cardmaking party (VCMP) for Operation Write Home and the party train has traveled all the way here to my blog! Woot! Happy birthday, OWH!

Before we get started, I just have to say that I find it hard to believe it's been 10 years already. Let's keep our fellow Americans in our prayers and good thoughts today, as well as our heroes. Let us support our heroes and help them maintain those ties back home so their deployments can be a bit more bearable, and let us reach out in love and compassion to families that lost friends and family members in the attacks.

I have a challenge for you today, and that is to keep it clean by making a CAS card. What is CAS? "Clean and simple" is a cardmaking style that is easier to define by what it is not (fussy, heavily embellished) than what it actually is - simple, yet presents you with that "wow" factor.  (Have you seen Kate's recent tutorial? Check it out!)

I find CAS some of the hardest cards to get just right. It's worth the effort, though! So, go dig through your stash. Find a GREAT stamp. Some BOLD color. Maybe a FUN embellishment. Pick a focal point and CREATE.

Like this:
Unity's 'Sew Cute' stamps, My Mind's Eye papers, stitched with my sewing machine
Image colored with Bic Mark-its, the heart is paper pieced



















Or this:
Unity Stamp Co bird and sentiment stamps
Momento inks: bahama blue and tuxedo black



Then come back and link up to your creation. Why? Well, I believe a little candy makes life a whole lot more fun. Reese's Pieces, why yes, thank you - but blog candy is even sweeter, right??

Ready?




















So sorry, small child and stuffed cat not included! However, you DO get the
$20 gift card to Joann Fabrics they are holding! Want it? You must do both:
a) leave a comment on this post
b) link up your CAS card

I'll announce a winner sometime Thursday morning. Fair warning - I'm up early. You might want to link up by Wednesday night. ;)

Party on, my card-making friends, PARTY ON. :)

Jen

15 comments:

  1. Jen, what an awesome challenge! I LOVE CAS cards!! Yours are beautiful!!Sweet blog candy as well. You are very generous! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first VCMP, and I'm having fun planning all my cards - I've finished three of them. This one will be fun - making a CAS design works well for making multiple cards, so maybe the one I come up with will be an entire collection for Dixie to find in a box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! I really wanted the stuffed cat! Just kidding! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting this challenge Jen, I'm going to get to work on a CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute way of presenting your bog candy. I love CAS cards. Most of mine are. Love your samples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Unity stamp card! Thanks for hosting on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting!! Clean and Simple is one of my favorite ty[e of cards. Betty T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Jen and what an adorable little girl! Thanks for hosting! Clean and simple is hard for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blue bird stamp! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a great challenge and your cards are so cute! Almost as cute as the smile on your little girl's face :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really beginning to get the hang of these CAS cards, thank you so much for hosting this challenge.
    LynnR
    windryderdreams dot blogspot dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. At long last it works and I can comment. Yay! Thanks for hosting a challenge for all of us. And your way of presenting you candy was so cute. My card is still in the works. Thanks for another chance to work with CAS simple. Eventually I'll get the hang of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting this challenge as I just love to do clean and simple. Great job on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love our sewing card - have not see that stamp or sentiment. My sample is simple for me - all patterned paper doing the talking.

    Barb HOusner

    ReplyDelete
  15. I *heart* CAS cards so your challenge was right up my alley! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!