Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 14, 2011

Unity's FWF 10/14 - Be Jolly, By Golly

And I'm trying, I'm really trying to be jolly. Angela's post yesterday about taking your health for granted really struck a chord with me. My nephew, age 8, just had surgery on his kidneys. He overcame prostate cancer at age 3. Most of his short life he has dealt with doctors and hospitals and surgeries and tests.  And this past week, my adorable daughter, who's five, was diagnosed with epilepsy.














That is the face of epilepsy.

So I have learned not to take good health for granted. Our tiny, little "home away from home" parish always says a prayer for the sick before Mass begins. It reminds me to be compassionate to others, and we are trying to be jolly even in the midst of uncertainty. Life goes on and we should live it to the fullest.
Here is my card for today:















I was going to enter it in the KOM sketch, but I just realized I didn't use KOM stamps. Oh well. I think it's cute anyhow. Those snowmen make me happy!

(Basic Grey Jovial collection, sentiment from Unity Stamp Co/Jillibean Christmas Eve Chowder, Twinery Twine)

Be sure to stop back at the Unity blog to check out everyone's projects and the Friday $5 Feature!

Jen

22 comments:

  1. Very cheerful card. Snowmen also bring a smile to my face and inside me. Keep you chin up and things will be a lot easier. God Bless You all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! I love that fabulous snowman paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snowman paper is great and how you layered it is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder to be more grateful for seemingly simple things.

    And I love the snowmen and cheery sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! I hope you and your family are able to adjust to your daughter's diagnosis with ease. She is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this sketch waiting for me on my craft table! I love how you did your background! Great card, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saying a prayer for you &the yours. Love that paper for that sketch! Great jolly card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is too cute and very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek! So cute! I love the layout of the card and of course the cute snowmen. I read your earlier post about your daughter, and I'm glad you're getting help at school, too. Good luck with the adjustment-- *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a great take on the KOTM Sketch, and I just love the cute snowman paper. My thoughts go out to you during this time of adjustment given the recent diagnosis regarding your daughters health.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable and thanks for reminding us not to take life for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super sweet take on the sketch! I've always loved that patterned paper. Thanks for the reminder to not take health for granted. Wishing you and the daughter all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you cut the paper for the sketch. hugs to you and your daughter and nephew and hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jen! Such a cute card!! Love the sentiment too. Your daughter is so sweet! Prayers for your family & nephew too. Take good care. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this card. The paper is adorable, and I love how you made the pattern continue.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card - love the paper.
    Sorry to hear about your daughter and nephew. Sending you strength and hugs during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great message in your post. And what a sweet card! Love the snowman paper.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Prayers going your way for your daughter and nephew! So HARD!! Wonderful card! I love it that someone besides me forgets to use KOM stamps in the challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable card! The paper is perfectfor your sentiment!
    Keeping both your nephew and your sweet little one in my prayers. Sending you giant hugs of comfort!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!