Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 1, 2012

OWH sketch 102! Missing you, masculine style

Happy new year! I say good riddance to 2011; I am sincerely hoping 2012 brings a road that is slightly less bumpy. Well, I'm hoping for a far less bumpy road, but I'll take a little less bumpy. :)

I was lucky enough to win one of the new OWH Hero Arts stamp sets - I got this one:

and honestly, I was THRILLED when I opened the package from Sandy. It's the one I really wanted! Those clocks are ALL.MINE. Heehee!

I think they are great for making masculine cards, and I have this great paper from Making Memories that I think works really well with the clock image. I used this week's sketch and made 3 cards, because I couldn't quite get what I was going for. So, my friends, if you are commenting (and you know I love comments!) please tell me which one you like the best - or if I should just start over. LOL I'm thinking of making a batch for my next OWH box! ETA: for the first two, I added the sentiment "miss you all the time" inside the card. I couldn't find the right spot for it!




Thanks for looking! Be sure to tell me which card you like the most... and join in with the sketch challenge over at the Stars & Stamps blog!

Jen

15 comments:

  1. That really is a great set Jen. Especially for masculine cards. I like the second one best but I love the Miss You All The Time sentiment... maybe some with and without it would be good. The ones without would even be great "guy" birthday cards. Enjoy that set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that set! I like the second card best, but would like it even more with the sentiment added to it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, This is a great set and you did a terrific job on all of your cards, but I happen to like the second card the best. I love that sentiment in the clock on your third card, but maybe if it was cut out of a round die, it would stand out better to me.
    Anyone is lucky to receive any of the three. Wonderful job. Let's all hope for a better 2012. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOO I too love the 2nd one! Ohhh and love Allison's idea of adding the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually like the first even though the stitching doesn't pop. I think the clock is the focus and stitching is always a special touch. They all are great. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all great cards, I mean.......how can you miss with such a great stamp set? This is also my favorite of the new HA sets, and I hope to own a set one day too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't & won't pick a fav! Love them all!
    Happy New Year!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kllike that printed paper. It is great that you were able to do three totally different cards using one sketch. I like the one in the middle the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these stamps. The dp is gorgeous. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the last one, but great job on all three!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice use of the stamp set and the circle theme of your paper picks up the circle of the clock

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your choice of paper to go with the clock stamps! I like the first two the best, but can't seem to choose between them. All 3 are very good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are really pretty! I especially love the second one! The black really makes it all pop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all 3 cards Jen, but if I had to pick one it would be the 2nd one. The clock goes so well with that fab DP.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, don't make me pick, girl! I guess the first one? No, the second one. Well, maybe the third. I like them all! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!