Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Unity FWF 3/16; Ippity chicks sketch 22

Friday, Friday, I'm so glad to see you again! Daylight savings time kicked my kindergartener in the butt. I'm hoping a weekend of naps and earlier bedtimes and she'll wake a little easier next week... nothing like dragging your kid out of bed to get ready for school when you don't want to be up, either! :o

Anyhow, I made a card. It fits for this weeks Ippity Chicks' sketch and I thought I'd link it for FWF at the Unity blog as well. This card turned out zip, zilch, nada like the card I was envisioning in my head but I think I like it anyhow. And yes, the stitching was intended to go all worky. I really can sew a straight line if I try! LOL

I had the hardest time getting any sort of decent photo of this card! :( Sorry!
I used Ippity's 'so this is love' set and my new button punch from Marvy... it was 60% off at my LSS! I backed the faux buttons with chipboard so they appear thicker and, um, less-faux in person. :)

Thanks for visiting me today! Be sure to hop back to the Unity blog for the rest of the projects!

Jen

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful! LOVE the buttons!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The distressing and buttons are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, I really love the wavy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen, this is a sweet card!! I wish I can sew.. love what you did. Have a fabulous weekend!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must learn how to sew :) Love the buttons--they turned out great! And I think the sewing really makes it pop! Great new blog look too friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute card- really showcases the great tree stamp!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a cute card, love the tree stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite {ippity} stamp sets. I like the stitching you did on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wonky stitching - makes a great frame on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, one of my fave Ippity sets too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Love the little blue birdies :) The stitching looks awesome as well! Way to score an awesome deal on that punch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card! Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!