Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

OWH TT - ribbon flag

Hey there! It's Tuesday and HOT and time for another tutorial from the folks at Operation Write Home. This week is a ribbon flag, which was super easy and pretty fun to make. :)


I have kids bugging me and it's hot in my office - the air doesn't get quite this far to this side of the house - so I went with pretty simple. I want to try it again with some other patriotic ribbon I found in my bin.


All cardstock scraps, ribbon too!
Sentiment from the Paper Smooches circle of honor set
glossy accents on the flagpole top :)



Nancy had some awesome ribbon tips on the blog post. I also have two:
1) sign up with SU or CTMH demos in your area for email updates. I know two in my area have had rummage or craft sales, and I've managed to score some end of ribbon rolls very inexpensively, as well as some sample rings of ribbon. I picked one sample ring up yesterday for 75 cents! That's about 40 6-inch pieces. :)
2) Really Reasonable Ribbon has very reasonable prices and shipping, and you can often find lots and samples in the sale area. 


Thanks for visiting me today!
Jen

6 comments:

  1. So cute, Jen! Love that diagonal striped ribbon for this technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flag looks so cute, what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great card with your flag, and thanks for those ribbon tips too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Great tips! I love your embossed star background! Thanks for playing along with us this week! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, love the flag. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the sweet love. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!