Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

OWH Sketch 138, MWT red & green; scrap fest review!

Yes, I know you are thinking it - it is going to be a long post. Just scroll and look at the pics if you are in a hurry! :)

Scrapfest 2012 was at the Mall of America this past weekend. A friend and I went and had SO MUCH FUN. Oh my gosh. We did make & takes and we took 4 classes. I met Jill of Jillibean Soup at one of my classes (that was taught by Kimber McGray!) and told her how much I love Jillibean Soup. And we met Kelly Marie Alvarez of Lawn Fawn, who is just the sweetest person ever.  My favorite quote of the weekend was from her - "there's no wrong to crafting. Any mistake is just an excuse to embellish." LOVE IT!!

SO MUCH FUN. We are already planning for next year! And I am so behind on challenges, so... I combined some. And then I dug through some of my stuff from Scrapfest, and thought I'd at least share the stuff that fits the OWH MWT challenge to use red & green. :)

So this is sketch 138 from Sunday, also using red & green:
Paper Smooches swanky snowdudes, MME paper

Basic Grey Jovial line stamps and dp
And then here are some Scrapfest things. These are from an Authentique class, in which I panicked because they gave us 12x12 sheets and I had a 6" trimmer! Luckily my friend had a bigger one, or I would've been the dork who sat and watched.

Here are a couple from TPC Studios:
And a super cute Lawn Fawn shaker card. This is going to be an awesome project for my kids this holiday season!

In other news, we have the heat on. YES, it's September. It's COLD. BRRR!

Thanks for visiting me today!!

Jen

6 comments:

  1. My skin is green.... yikes! Okay love the cards you created! Thanks for the recap on Scrap Fest! Haha...the AC is still on in the bedroom....lack of windows in the apartment is HORRIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! That's great you went to the Scrapfest! I've always thought the Mall of America would be a neat place to see. Sounds like you had a blast! I forget; do you use Facebook? You should put a little blurb on the OWH page; I'm sure others would enjoy reading about Kimber etc.!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! If I had nown you were at the MOA we could have met up and had a little party. Love the classes you took and the cards you made. I was able to get Tim Holtz class and Maya Road Card class. Both were fun. If you go next year give me a shout on my blog and we can meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Jen! I thought about going to scrapfest (I only live 1 hour away). Sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! Great cards! Thanks for sharing your cards and story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you've been having fun and your cards are great!

    the heat on what? Um, it was 107 here yesterday :(

    Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!