Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Today is YOUR day.

Happy Thanksgiving, blog friends! My self-imposed spending freeze is O.V.E.R; I ran my five mile race this morning. My time was not very impressive but I ran the whole thing! My six year old asked if I won a prize when I got over the finish line - I told her the joy of finishing was my prize. And then I picked up my race pie. :)
 
Anyhow, I have a card that I think is apropos for today:
(Details: Crate Paper, Gina K Designs cardstock; Unity Stamp Co sentiment and Tim Holtz inks, plus some gems of unknown origin.) 
 
Here is my daughter at her school program yesterday, dressed as a Pilgrim.  None of her friends flubbed a line or stumbled over the words in their parts. For a group of first graders, it was very impressive!
 
And here is me with my munchkins after the race this morning:
 
Have a wonderful turkey day!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on accomplishing your goal, Jen! I played along with the spending freeze (except for ATG refills) and plan to continue it through the new year. Thanks for the inspiration to use what I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome on your 5 mile run! I am sure even if you don't think your time was "impressive', it felt grand, yes?

    And your other accomplishment...no crafty spending. I'm impressed...I have NO will power in that regard.

    Happy craft shopping and getting yourself over the next hurdle...the holidays. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!