Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jen & Sarah's challenge #1 - January

So my good friend Sarah over at Sarah's Stamping and Stuff and I heard about a challenge from Sandy, the president of Operation Write Home, to find a blogging buddy for 2013 and engage in challenging each other to improve our skills. It sounded like something right up our alley so each month, we'll bring you two challenges and our takes on those challenges. This January challenge #1, and it's Sarah's - Luck o'the Irish; be sure to use some twine. 

I don't have any Irish genes, but I do like green. I should use more of it in my crafting. :)

I found this fun number paper in a random pack from Jillibean Soup. These kinds of number patterns always make me think birthdays! So, I made a birthday card. Note all the green and the twine (also green!) on the banner. :)

Sentiment: Paper Smooches
Twinery twine; SU not quite navy ink
Jillibean Soup paper; Bazzill card stock; Swiss dots embossing folder
I even embossed the blue background with a dots folder, so this card also meets the OWH Our Daily Bread Designs challenge to use embossing on a card.

That's all for me today. Be sure to stop at Sarah's blog to see what she created as well!

Jen 

3 comments:

  1. I love the layout! I'd like to use more twine on my creations too. This looks like a CASEer to me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out super cute! Love the banner---great card friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen,
    Thank you so much for joining the ODBD challenge at OWH. My favorite color is green so I am really lovin' this card. This is a really clean card with all the neat cuts and layers.
    I may need to find a bogging buddy myself.Thanks for supporting OWH.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!