Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 23, 2013

OWH sketch 178 - for you

Hey! Happy Sunday; it was a good day here. My husband's parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary today! Lots of family came from out of town and it was really wonderful to see people we don't see very often. :) My husband is the youngest of 7, and it was very funny as they all shared stories from growing up and the things they learned from their parents. My husband talked about perspective, and how he felt sorry for those poor souls who could only afford a half grocery cart of food - because for 9 people, they left with 2 or 3 carts! :)

Making a card was the perfect way to de-stress after a long day. Okay, I did get up early (we had guests overnight at our house) before everyone else to shower and then I checked out the sketch and chose my papers and stamps. And THEN I let it percolate for 13 hours until I could assemble it. :) This is Operation Write Home sketch 178:

My Minds Eye everyday flair - only scraps left of this now
Hero Arts for OWH stamps
Twinery twine


Thanks for visiting me today! 

Jen

12 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great day! I "make" most of my cards in my head ling before I am actually able to play with the actual paper. Glad to hear I am not the only one!!! Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 50 years to your hubby's parents. My own parents are coming up on 47 years. Great colors and I love the paper piecing on the balloons. Glad you had some time to craft because you made a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paper piecing! Made a wonderful card! Way to percolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The print in the balloons is so festive, and the kraft for the layers holds it all together so well. Love the colors. Twine is always a good textural addition. Amazing that you could make such a cute card when you had guests! Know what you mean about de-stressing, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, nice soft sweet shades here on this card. The twine is a great addition also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your papers are great. Especially like the texture on the floral layer. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used the baker's twine here. I am thinking I need to do some shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 50 Years! God bless them. Like your choice of colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Jen, and I love those papers! Love the story about your hubby being 1 of 7! Mine was 1 of 9, so I'm aware of those shopping extravaganzas!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me your great comment! Your card is great! It's happy and festive! I love the colors and the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love stories of big families. My grandmother was one of 14 - I can't even comprehend! Your sketch card is wonderful and I'm a huge fan of paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!