Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Easy boxes!

Last night I spent some time making a card and boxes! I used to be really intimidated by things that were dimensional, LOL. Boxes can be really easy, though! 

In a couple of days we will celebrate my mom's birthday. Here is her card:


















I think she will like the softer colors. :)  I love this sentiment! I know my mom doesn't like celebrating her birthday very much, even though she is a VERY young at heart 64, so it's perfect for her.

Card recipe:
DP from K&Company
SU for solid cardstock
Martha Stewart punch
Sentiment: Unity Moments in Bloom stampin store kit


And the box I made to coordinate, filled with her fave York peppermint patties:




















I used the Naturally You stampin store kit from Unity. It's a great set of botanicals - and stamped them in green on green. It looks really neat, though it didn't come through very well in the photo. :( This is a 2-5-7-10 box, and you can find a great tutorial right here on Splitcoaststampers, which has a ton of great resources and information for crafters. If you haven't checked it out, be sure to do so! 


And then because I was on a roll, I wanted to make another box right away for a friend. I bought her some truffles and thought I'd send them to her for a little "we're still in the middle of winter and it's snow and ice time even though it's almost April" pick-me-up:



















I used the same Unity stamps, just on a kraft background and stamped with Momento rich cocoa ink. I love the turquoise ribbon with the brown! I managed to stuff 8 Ferrero Rocher truffles into this small box!


I also made sure to use my ribbon iron so my bows came out nicer. My DH is convinced that I own every tool known to a crafter, given that I have a ribbon iron. :) It's essential! I'm Type A! Duh! :)

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!