Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

OWH MWT - cards for spouses

The challenge over at the Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps blog today is to make cards for military spouses! I've also been working hard on Fathers' Day cards, as I have to get my box mailed this week to Kris. My Verve "Father Figure" set is getting seriously inked these days!!

I had this piece of apricot appeal cardstock embossed already, and wanted to use it - I had intended it for another project, but then it didn't look right so I never used it.

I went for CAS, but then I think my cards look unfinished sometimes. What do you think? I had a great flower embellishment but I thought it was too big and overpowered the tag sentiment. (I see it was pretty bright in my office - the tag reads 'simply the best', and there are tiny pearls in the bottom and top right corners - they're hard to see!)
Card recipe:
SU apricot appeal and pink scrap
Cuttlebug birds & swirls embossing folder
The Twinery cappucino twine
Verve stamp set
Tiny pearls from my stash
Momento lilac posies ink for the sentiment, edges

AND Then a few of the DAD cards I've been working on:













3 comments:

  1. Jen, Each of these cards are terrific and special in it's own way. I could not even pick out a favorite. I love the sentiments on all of them. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on a stamping roll with all these great cards! Your MWT card looks fine just the way you created it, and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jen, you've been busy! I love that Verve set, too. The last two are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!