Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 1, 2011

OWH Sketch challenge 67

It's Sunday and time for another sketch challenge from Operation Write Home! I am knocking out some Father's Day cards this week so that I can mail a box to Kris by FRIDAY. I am committed - I wrote it on the calendar in SHARPIE!!!

Anyhow, I found this really cool burnt orange herringbone patterned DP from a DCWV mod-retro stack and thought it would make a great Father's Day card. My "Dad" stamp didn't fit on my tag :(  so I need to see if I can find another die for a bigger tag, or maybe I can use a Nesties oval.














Card recipe:
cardstock - from the scrap bin, embossed with Cuttlebug argyle folder
DP from mod-retro DCWV stack
American Crafts ribbon
Momento Chocolate Brown ink
Verve's Father Figure stamp set 

Thanks for looking! Play along here and learn more about Operation Write Home!

Jen

7 comments:

  1. Great card, Jen! Sharpie on a calendar is super serious :) Gotta get my box out this week, too. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card, Jen! And, wow, you're my hero... Sharpie on a calendar is really serious! I'm hoping to knock out some cards for OWH this week, too. This sketch should help a lot. Love those clean and simple ones! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharpie is the final word! ha ha... Great Father's Day card.. love that embossing. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost have my box of cards full and ready to send too :)
    This is a great card, I really like the colors you used and the embossing. Seeing all this embossing on everyones cards is making me think I need to start doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great paper and texture combination and the striped ribbon adds such a nice touch. This is a really nice "guy" card. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that great embossing is perfect for any dad's card! Great colors too! I just packed up my latest box for OWH today and it will go out tomorrow with more "dad" cards thanks to this great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful masculine card, Jen! You are really going to make someone at OWH happy with this. I LOVE the herringbone and the embossing you paired with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!