Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 16, 2011

OWH sketch 91 - JOY!

Do you know when you have an idea in your head for a card, and then you start to put it to paper and it looks AWFUL? Yeah, that was this card, and this is a pretty easy sketch from OWH Stars & Stamps!! Ack. I think I fixed it, though. At least, this one isn't headed for the recyle bin yet. I'm feeling the Christmas deadline looming - gotta get a box to Kris soon!



















Paper: SU old olive, recollections kraft, and christmas joy stack by First edition paper
Ink: SU old olive, Tim Holtz distress inks
Twinery twine, Studio G "joy" stamp, Nesties labels 8

Thanks for looking! Be sure to play along here.

Jen

6 comments:

  1. I think your card looks great, I don't see why it was so close to the recycle bin. Love how you added the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love how you have the twine! Love the unusual colors! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I think this card came out great, don't send it to the trash! I especially love that sentiment piece. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, You fixed it up just fine. The DP is really cute. I do know what you mean -- I get ideas and start putting it together -- seems it just doesn't look like how I had envisioned it. I love the sentiment too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's adorable. I love the baker's twine! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun Christmas card, Jen! I love the dangling "JOY" ornaments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!