Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 30, 2012

OWH MWT & TT - masculine cards using a 6x6 pad

Hey all!
This week's tutorial at OWH was how to use a 6x6 pad and use it all up. Yes, yes, count me among the crafters that have a nice sized stack of pads in a drawer! For the record, I no longer buy 12x12 pads. I've transferred my addiction to the smaller pads (progress, maybe?). I try to use them up but the truth is I go back and forth between different pads so it's hard to do.


I decided to use up this MME all spice pad because a) it's fairly masculine colors/patterns - yesterday's challenge was to make masculine cards - and b) it's one of my least favorites. Sad but true! The designs are nice but they don't speak to me like some other collections. They still made really nice masculine AND feminine cards, though, I think.





First I pulled out ALL of the papers so I could flip them around and see which patterns looked good together. Then I started looking at the sketches (this is a treasure trove, people! Go download it!)


I started out with sketch 68. 
sentiment - Unity Stamp Co

Then 20.
Sentiment: Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday (I blended 2 different sentiment stamps)

Then 15.
Sentiment: Paper Smooches


Then 47.
Sentiment: Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday

Then 8.
Sentiment: paper smooches





That was fun!! :) I still have a pile of smaller scraps to use up. I'll get to those later tonight. 


We got to go to meet my daughter's new 1st grade teacher last night. She is really kind and caring, and I think we are going to have a great year! My daughter is excited because they get small lockers, not cubbies or hooks, for their stuff. Nothing says 'big kid' like a locker. :)

Thanks for visiting me today!
Jen

11 comments:

  1. Great color combinations! And a wonderful variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, nice job with all of those masculine cards and using up all of those papers. I did that a little bit today also with an old SU pad. I had to stop for a while to take a break from the craft desk (hurts my back if I sit there too long) but hope to continue tomorrow. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go with the 6x6 and the masculine theme--
    great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this technique! For me, it makes me feel so damn creative when it was really the paper doing all the work! I like your set and the colors fit both your goals. Way to go...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this- I have a bunch of these I really need to use up so I can go shopping again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used all of the 6x6 paper, it can so challenging sometime. Thanks so much for your beautiful comments. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are all such great masculine cards! Looks like you and I were on the same creative wave length with using those 6x6 paper pads :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful collection of cards you got from that pad! I get the paper blues with some of my stacks too sometimes, but you can't tell from any of these that you weren't too keen on them. Great job and TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great cards! I absolutely LOVE the sketches from OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my - I'm so impressed with these cards... Such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so much fun to see what other people are doing with their 6x6 pads. I may break into another one next week myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!